*If you haven't downloaded our Revit add-in yet, please download it at www.insitevr.com/downloads*
Our custom Revit add-in creates a fast, simple workflow to preview your models in VR and upload them to your InsiteVR projects.
Before you get started, make sure you download and install the desktop app. During installation, make sure “InsiteVR for Revit” is checked on the “Select Components” screen. This will automatically install the add-in.
Next follow these simple steps:
- In Revit, open the project you want to view in VR, and go to the “Add-Ins” tab, where you’ll find the InsiteVR add-in
- Click the “Export to VR” button. After checking your model’s triangle count, the InsiteVR app will launch automatically and open your model.
- You are now viewing a local preview of your model. You can teleport down into the scaled version of your model, walk around using the arrow keys and your mouse, or even view it in VR by putting on your Oculus Rift or HTC Vive.
- Take a moment to inspect your model to see if everything looks in order. Once you’re ready, click the “Upload to InsiteVR” button on the top left of your screen.
- if you're just updating an InsiteVR project or uploading to a project that has already been created click "Existing Project" and proceed to step 7 below. If you need to create a new project continue reading step 6.
- Change the top dropdown from "Existing Project" to "New Project". Fill out the Project Name and optional Project Code. Project code is an extra field for your own internal tracking purposes.
- Click "Upload Model" and wait for the model to upload. You will then be redirected to the InsiteVR to select processing options. Once you'e selected your options click "Process Model." Your model will process on InsiteVR servers and you will receive an email once it is ready for viewing and sharing across platforms.